Sunday 22 July 2012

David Tarrant



David Tarrant

Public Relations and Programs Coordinator (Retired)


Biography

David Tarrant
I apprenticed and received my diploma in horticulture in England before immigrating to Canada in 1967. During the summers of 1968 and 1969, I was employed as Head Gardener at Chateau Lake Louise. In November 1969, I joined the University of British Columbia Botanical Garden staff, and was the Education Coordinator there from 1974 to 2001.
I have been appearing on television since 1974, most recently as the host of CBC-TV's Canadian Gardener. I have written four books and many articles for horticultural publications including Gardens West and Gardening Life. I was also the garden columnist for theVancouver Sun for eleven years. I've also recently received a Fellow of the Year award from the Garden Writers Association of America.

Associations and Memberships

http://www.botanicalgarden.ubc.ca/people/tarrant.php

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages